The supplier diversity tracking, monitoring, and reporting system works to ensure that companies gain valuable insight into the performance of their diversity programs.
This article explains the supplier diversity categories and certifications accepted into the system. For reference, you will want to keep a scanned copy of the diversity certificate for uploading.
To get started, you will need Insurance Certificates and Product Catalogs if any.
Diversity Supplier: Qualification Checklist
Thank you for your interest in becoming a diversity supplier. By completing the registration form in the supplier diversity tracking system, your information will be entered into our database.
If there is a sourcing opportunity for your industry specific business, you will be contacted to submit additional information.
To qualify for participation in our diverse supplier program, you must meet the following criteria:
A business enterprise is classified as a minority-owned business if the company is at least 51 percent owned, controlled and operated by one or more individuals from a minority group.
The following groups are classified as minorities:
- African Americans: U.S. citizens having origins in any of the Black African racial groups.
- Asian Americans: Asian-Indian: U.S. citizens whose origins are from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- Asian Pacific: U.S. citizens whose origins are from Japan, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, the Philippines, Thailand, Samoa, Guam, the U.S. Trust Territories of the Pacific or the Northern Marianas.
- Hispanic Americans U.S. Citizens of Spanish culture whose origins Mexico, South or Central America, or the Caribbean Island.
- Native Americans U.S. Citizens having origins in any of the following: American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts, Native Hawaiians.
- GLBT Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Transgender Owned Business (GLBT). The business must be 51% owned, operated, and controlled by a GLBT business owner certified by The National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC).
- VOB Veteran Owned Business (VOB) Owner: Must be able to provide proof of classification. The business must be 51 % unconditionally and directly owned by one or more Veterans or in the case of any publicly owned business, not less than 51% of the stock of the company is owned by one or more Veterans; and the management and daily business operations of the VOB must be controlled by one or more veterans
- Non-Minority Female Classification: A business enterprise is classified as a woman/women-owned business if the company is at least 51 percent owned, controlled and operated by a woman or women
Provide proof of certification from one or more of the following organizations or their regional affiliates:
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA 8a) www.sba.gov
National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) www.nmsdc.org
Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) www.wbenc.org
National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC) www.nwboc.org
US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC) www.uspaacc.com
National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) www.nglcc.org
Does your business meet any of the above criteria?